'Lighter' chicken pasta bake
This comforting chicken and broccoli pasta bake is a good choice for a healthy dinner. For people following a diet of 1200–1500 calories a day, this is a filling dinner choice.
Each serving provides 440 kcal, 37g protein, 47g carbohydrates (of which 13g sugars), 10g fat (of which 2.5g saturates), 8.5g fibre and 1g salt.
- 750–800g/1lb 10oz–1lb 12oz whole cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 250ml/9fl oz semi-skimmed milk
- 40g/1½oz Parmesan, finely grated
- 175g/6oz dried penne or other short pasta shapes
- 200g/7oz broccoli, cut into small florets
- 200g/7oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 300g/10½oz), cut into 15-mm/⅝-in strips
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper