Lemony monkfish kebabs
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 800g/1lb 12oz monkfish, cut into chunks
- 400g/14oz vegetable selection (such as red onion, courgettes, aubergines and peppers) chopped into chunks.
- 150ml/5fl oz Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp mint sauce
Soak the saffron in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile place the seeds into a pestle and mortar and grind. Tip into a large glass bowl along with the thyme, lemon zest and juice, garlic, olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the fish and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat a barbecue or grill to it's highest setting.
Assemble the kebabs by alternating chunks of fish with the vegetables and thread onto the skewers.
Cook on the barbeque or under the grill for 3–4 minutes on each side or until the fish is cooked through.
Place all the remaining ingredients into a small glass bowl, mix, and serve alongside the kebabs.
If you are using wooden skewers soak them in water for 30 minutes.