Easy lemon chicken
- 2 chicken breasts, skin removed, cut into strips
- 3-4 tbsp cornflour, seasoned with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- small bunch spring onions, cut into 2cm/1in pieces
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 25g/1oz fresh root ginger, finely sliced
- 1 lemon, juice and finely sliced rind only
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 85ml/3fl oz chicken stock
- dash dry sherry
- freshly ground black pepper
Roll the chicken strips in the seasoned cornflour and shake off the excess.
Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan, add the chicken and fry until the chicken is beginning to turn golden-brown. Add the spring onions, garlic, ginger and sliced lemon rind.
Squeeze the juice of half a lemon into the pan. Add the soy sauce and chicken stock and a dash of dry sherry. Stir and leave to simmer for 5-6 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Stir well and serve.