Lemon and blueberry nougat
10 to 30 mins
Makes 25 pieces of nougat
This is a white nougat similar to torrone. It's laden with candied peel and blueberries, chewy rather than hard, with a crisp rice-paper base.
You will need a sheet of rice paper and a free standing food mixer.
- 400g/14oz granulated sugar
- 100ml/3½fl oz clear honey
- 50ml/2fl oz liquid glucose
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- pinch of salt
- 50g/1¾oz candied lemon peel, chopped
- 75g/2½oz flaked almonds, toasted
- 75g/2½oz dried blueberries
- 40g/1½oz white chocolate chips
- handful of fresh blueberries, to scatter over the top