Lemon and blueberry yoghurt pots
A low-fat dessert very similar to an Eton mess. Summer on a spoon!
Each serving provides 128 kcal, 8g protein, 21g carbohydrate, 1g fat,1g fibre.
- 150g/5½oz blueberries
- ½ lemon, finely grated zest
- 1 vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped
- 2 tsp granulated sweetener
- 450g/1lb lemon fat-free Greek-style yoghurt
- 3 reduced-calorie rich tea biscuits (about 25g/1oz)
- 1 tsp cornflour, mixed with 1 tsp water
- ½ ready-made individual meringue (18g/½oz), lightly crushed
Put the blueberries into a small saucepan with the lemon zest, vanilla seeds, sweetener and 3 tablespoons of water. Bring to a simmer over a medium–high heat and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the lemon yoghurt until smooth. Crumble the biscuits roughly in a separate bowl.
Once the blueberries have cooked down, stir in the cornflour paste and cook, stirring, until thickened. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
When the blueberries have cooled completely, add them to the lemon yoghurt and mix lightly until swirled through.
Place a generous spoonful of blueberry yoghurt in four serving glasses and layer the crumbled biscuits on top. Spoon over the remaining yoghurt mixture, top with the crushed meringue and serve immediately.