Leek and mushroom risotto
- 25g/1oz unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 leek ,(white only) ,chopped
- 50g/1¾oz chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- 100g/3½oz risotto rice
- 50ml/2fl oz white wine
- 300ml/10fl oz hot chicken stock (vegetarians may substitute vegetable stock)
- 50g/1¾oz Dolcelatte
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the butter and oil in a saucepan over a medium heat.
Add the onion, garlic, leek and mushroom and fry for two minutes, or until soft.
Add the rice and wine and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat slightly and simmer until the wine is completely absorbed.
Add the stock and simmer for 12 minutes, or until the stock is absorbed and the rice is completely cooked through.
Add the Dolcelatte and stir with a spoon until melted. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
To serve, spoon onto a serving plate.