Leek and caper soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 100ml/3½fl oz white wine
- 150ml/¼ pint hot chicken stock (vegetarians can substitute vegetable stock)
- 75ml/2½fl oz double cream
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives, to garnish
Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat, add the leek and sauté until softened. Add the garlic and fry for one minute.
Add the white wine, turn up the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Add the stock, double cream and capers and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
To serve, pour the soup into a serving bowl and garnish with chopped chives.