King prawn pad Thai
- 50ml/2fl oz vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 20 king prawns, shells removed
- 2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp shrimp paste (blachan)
- 75g/2½oz roasted peanuts
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 250g/9oz fine rice noodles, soaked in warm water for 20 minutes, then drained
- 150g/5oz bean sprouts
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (nam pla)
- handful fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- 1 lime, juice only
Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat. Add the garlic and prawns and stir-fry for two minutes, then remove and set aside.
Add the eggs and spread out around the wok to form an omelette shape. Once cooked through, break up the egg into chunks, then set aside with the prawns and garlic.
Add the shrimp paste, nuts and chilli and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
Add the noodles, bean sprouts, sugar, soy sauce and fish sauce and stir-fry just long enough to warm everything through.
Return the egg and prawns to the wok and stir to combine.
To serve, evenly divide the pad Thai among four bowls. Sprinkle with coriander and a squeeze of lime.