- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 250g/8oz basmati or long grain rice, cooked and drained
- 500g/1lb 2oz salmon or smoked haddock, cooked, skinned and flaked
- 150ml/¼ pint double cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 free-range eggs, hard-boiled, cut into quarters
- small handful fresh coriander, to garnish
Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, add the shallots and garlic and fry gently until softened but not coloured.
Add the curry powder and fry for 3-4 minutes.
Add the shallots and garlic to the cooked rice and stir in the flaked fish and cream. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
To serve, spoon into a serving dish and scatter the quartered hard-boiled eggs and fresh coriander leaves over the top.