Kale, pea and ricotta fritters
For the fritters
- 120g/4¼oz frozen peas, thawed and crushed
- 150g/5½oz kale leaves, finely shredded
- 240g/8½oz fresh ricotta
- 3 free-range eggs
- 50g/1¾oz chia seeds
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (approx. 1 lemon)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper
Put all the ingredients, except the oil, in a bowl and mix. Season with salt and pepper and set aside for 20 minutes.
To cook the fritters, heat a little oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Take about 2 tablespoons of the mixture and shape into a patty, flatten slightly. Cook in batches for 2–3 minutes on each side until golden brown, adding more oil if necessary.
Divide the fritters between serving plates. Serve with watercress and lemon wedges.