- 1 bunch fresh thyme, leaves only
- 2 cinnamon sticks, roughly crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 2 tbsp black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 tsp allspice, crushed
- 6 garlic cloves
- 4 Scotch Bonnet chillies, seeds removed
- 2 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 limes, zest of 1 lime, juice of 2
- 140ml/¼ pint olive oil
Place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend to make a smooth paste.
Use the paste as a seasoning for chicken, pork or fish. It will keep for two weeks if covered and refrigerated.