Jack Monroe's carrot cake overnight oats
- 300g tin carrots, drained (180g drained weight)
- 250ml/9fl oz milk, plus a little extra for serving (use a vegan milk alternative, if required)
- 70g/2½oz porridge oats (gluten-free if required)
- 70g/2½oz sultanas or mixed peel, or a mixture of the two (other dried fruit, such as cranberries or raisins also work well)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sugar (caster, soft light or dark brown sugar)
Tip the carrots and milk into a blender and blitz until smooth.
Stir in the remaining ingredients and pour into a large jar with a lid
Refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight. Serve chilled.
You could microwave or heat this mixture on a hob to eat right away.