Easy apple crumble pie
This dessert combines two classics – apple pie and crumble – into one easy dessert. Make it your own by varying the fruits, sugar or by adding nuts.
Equipment and preparation: You will need a 23cm/9in pie dish or plate.
For the pie
- 375g/13oz pack ready-made sweet, all-butter shortcrust pastry
- 4-6 Bramley apples (about 800g/1lb 12oz)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1½ tbsp plain flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 100g/3½oz golden caster sugar, plus a little extra for sprinkling
- 50g/2oz raisins or sultanas, or fresh blackberries (optional)