Hot-and-sour duck broth
- dash olive oil
- 100g/3½oz duck breast, skin removed, sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- ½ red chilli, chopped
- 300ml/10½fl oz hot chicken stock
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 55g/2oz fresh peas, out of their pods
- 55g/2oz egg noodles, cooked according to packet instructions
- fresh coriander sprigs, to garnish
Heat a dash of olive oil in a saucepan, then add the duck slices, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and fry for 3-4 minutes, or until golden-brown all over. Remove from the pan and set aside, then add the onion to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until softened but not coloured.
Add the duck back into the pan and stir in the chilli, chicken stock, honey, lime juice and soy sauce, reduce the heat and simmer for five minutes, or until the duck is cooked through. Add the peas and cooked noodles and warm through for 1-2 minutes, or until the peas are tender.
To serve, pour the soup into a serving bowl and garnish with the fresh coriander sprigs.