Grilled squid with noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g/7oz squid, cleaned and cut into rings
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- ½ stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 100g/3½oz egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander (reserve some for garnish)
Rub the squid in olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot, add the squid and cook for 1-2 minutes, shaking the pan continuously, until chargrilled on all sides. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
Heat a little olive oil in a sauté pan, add the chilli, garlic and lemongrass and cook gently for one minute.
Add the lime juice, soy, sesame oil and egg noodles. Stir well, and then add the beaten egg and sugar. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring to coat the noodles in the egg. Stir in most of the coriander.
To serve, place a pile of noodles on a plate and top with the squid. Garnish with the remaining coriander.