Crunchy homemade coleslaw with lemon and mustard is one of the healthiest side dishes around.
Each serving provides 78 kcal, 4g protein, 10.5g carbohydrates (of which 10g sugars), 1g fat (of which 0.5g saturates), 6g fibre and 0.5g salt.
- 100g/3½oz low-fat natural yoghurt
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 3 tbsp roughly chopped soft herbs, such as chives, parsley, coriander, mint
- ¼ white cabbage, finely shredded
- ¼ red cabbage, finely shredded
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled then peeled into ribbons
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put the yoghurt, lemon juice, mustard and herbs into a large bowl and whisk well to combine. Season with salt and plenty of black pepper.
Add the cabbages, red onion and carrots and mix really well until coated in the mustard mixture.
Ideally, leave to soften and absorb the flavours for 30 minutes before eating.