Herb-crust pork with garlic mushrooms
For the pork
- 150g/5½oz pork loin, batted out flat with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 100g/3½oz white breadcrumbs
- 50g/1¾oz flour, seasoned with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 whole free-range eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the garlic mushrooms
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
For the pork, place the fresh herbs and breadcrumbs into a bowl and mix together.
Place the flour into a bowl and dredge the pork loin in the flour. Dip the floured pork loin into the eggs then roll in the herbed breadcrumb mixture to coat.
Dip into the egg and herbed breadcrumbs once more.
Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan over a high heat. Add the pork and fry for two minutes on each side until crisp and golden. Transfer into the oven and roast for five minutes, or until completely cooked through.
For the mushrooms, heat the oil and butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and fry until soft.
Add the mushrooms and cook until soft, then season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
To serve, arrange the mushrooms onto the middle of a serving plate and place the pork on top.