Harissa paste is widely used in Middle Eastern cooking and gives a spicy and fragrant flavour to the halloumi in this salad. This simple dish makes a perfect summer lunch.
Each serving provides 322 kcal, 18g protein, 15g carbohydrate (of which 9g sugars), 21g fat (of which 12g saturates), 3g fibre and 2.2g salt.
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 2 lemons
- 250g/9oz halloumi, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 vine tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ cucumber, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 250g/9oz low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 3 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
- small handful rocket leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper