Grilled scallops with fresh black truffle brown butter vinaigrette
- 20 fresh scallops, cleaned, corals removed
- 20g/1oz fresh black truffle, cleaned, sliced into 20 thin slices, plus extra, finely chopped
- 1tbsp oil
- 250g/9oz butter
- 400g/14oz mixed green salad leaves, washed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- Note: This recipe originally uses Australian measurements. Equivalent measurements are as accurate as possible.
Make a slit in the side of each scallop and insert one slice of truffle.
Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat, add the scallops and fry for 1-2 minutes on one side, or until golden-brown
Heat the butter in a separate frying pan over a low heat until brown. Strain through a fine sieve.
Add the sherry vinegar and a little finely chopped truffle to the sieved brown butter and mix well with a whisk.
Meanwhile, place the salad leaves into a bowl. Add the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Stir well and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
To serve, divide the salad leaves between four serving plates. Arrange the scallops around the salad on each plate and spoon around some of the brown butter.