Grilled aubergine with salsa verde
- 2 aubergines sliced lengthways and grilled with olive oil until golden
- 1 ball of mozzarella
- 1 lemon, juice and zest only
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped flat parsley
- 150g/5oz fresh white breadcrumbs
- 100g/3½oz cherry tomatoes
For the salsa verde
In a food processor, blend the breadcrumbs, mozzarella, lemon, garlic and parsley until a crumb consistency appears.
Make small balls of this and roll them up in the aubergine slices. Place in a baking dish.
Roast the cherry tomatoes in some olive oil for about 20 minutes, until soft. When they are cooked, crush them lightly with a fork.
Spoon some of the crushed tomatoes over the aubergine rolls and bake in the oven with plenty of olive oil for ten to fifteen minutes at 200C/400F/Gas 6.
Place all the salsa verde ingredients in a food processor and blend to a coarse consistency. Divide the rest of the crushed tomatoes between four serving plates, lay two or three aubergines rolls on top and spoon over some salsa verde to serve.