Grilled chicken with peanut sambal and Thai noodles
Simple grilled chicken is taken to the next level with a spicy peanut sambal and Thai noodles.
For the grilled chicken
For the sambal
For the noodles
- 200g/7oz egg noodles, cooked and cooled (or any noodles, such as rice)
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2 Thai red chillies, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped (or any soft herb)
- 1 bunch fresh mint, chopped (or any soft herb)
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, shredded lengthways
- ¼ cucumber, diced (or handful tomatoes, chopped)
To make the grilled chicken, place the yoghurt, coconut cream, lemongrass, garlic, ginger, Thai fish sauce and honey in a bowl and stir to combine. Add the chicken and coat in the marinade. Leave covered in the fridge overnight (or for a few hours). Preheat the grill to medium. Stick the marinated chicken pieces on skewers and grill for 8–10 minutes until completely cooked through.
To make the sambal, place all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix, adding enough coconut milk to loosen the mixture.
To make the noodles, place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix.
Place the noodles on a serving platter, top with the chicken and sambal and serve.