Griddled steak and sweet potato salad with kale and orange and chilli dressing
For the salad
- 200g/7oz rump steak, trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 kale leaves, blanched, drained and finely chopped
- ½ sweet potato, peeled and sliced into 1cm/½in rounds, blanched and drained
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
For the dressing
For the salad, heat a griddle pan until hot. Rub the steak with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook on the griddle for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Leave to rest.
For the dressing, place all the dressing ingredients into a bowl, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix well.
To serve, place the kale onto a serving plate and top with the steak. Place the sweet potato and orange slices around the plate and drizzle over the dressing.