Green pea dip with nachos
- 450g/1lb frozen petit pois or peas, defrosted and drained
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh mint leaves
- 115g/4oz plain yoghurt
- ½ red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 lime, juice only
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large bag ready-made nachos
Place the peas, onion, garlic and mint leaves into a food processor and blend to a thick purée.
Add the yoghurt and blend again, leaving the mixture slightly lumpy.
Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the chilli, cumin, coriander and lime juice and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Spoon into a serving bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Serve with a bowl of nachos alongside for dipping.