Greengrocers' hot pot
This hearty vegetarian take on the traditional hotpot has a pretty topping that contains plenty of hidden treasures.
Each serving contains 436kcal, 10g protein, 32g carbohydrate (of which 18g sugars), 27g fat (of which 8g saturates), 14 fibre and 0.3g salt.
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 4 onions, sliced
- 1 aubergine, sliced in half lengthways and then into 1cm/½in-thick semi-circles
- 1 courgette, sliced into 1cm/½in-thick rounds
- 800g/1lb 12½oz tomatoes (on the vine), cut in half
- 1 x 400g tin flageolet beans, drained
- 1 x 400g tin haricot beans, drained
- 50g/1¾oz butter
- 1 large carrot, cut into ribbons using a vegetable peeler or mandoline
- 2 cooked beetroots, sliced into 1cm/½in-thick rounds
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper