Greek-style easy pasta salad
This simple pasta salad is perfect for lunch or as a barbecue side dish. To make it vegan, omit the feta.
Each serving provides 567 kcal, 22g protein, 70g carbohydrates (of which 10g sugars), 20g fat (of which 9g saturates), 7g fibre and 2.5g salt.
- 85g/3oz pasta, such as penne or conchiglie
- ½ unwaxed lemon, finely grated zest and juice
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp olive oil, ideally extra virgin
- ¼ cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 100g/3½oz cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 15g/½oz fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 60g/2¼oz feta, crumbled (optional)
- handful pitted black olives (optional)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water as per the packet instructions.
Whisk together the lemon zest and juice, red onion, oil and a generous amount of pepper.
Drain the pasta in a colander and run it under a cold tap until cooled.
Stir the dressing, cucumber, tomatoes, basil, feta and olives, if using, into the pasta and serve.
Fresh oregano or flatleaf parsley can be used instead of basil.