- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 400g tin butter beans, drained and rinsed (can also use chickpeas or other white beans)
- 150g/5½oz chard, spinach or spring greens, roughly chopped
- 10g fresh flatleaf parsley, leaves and stalks finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Heat the oil in a large oven-proof frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.
Add the tomatoes, honey, chilli, cinnamon, paprika and oregano. Simmer for a few minutes. Stir in the beans and the greens.
Bake for 20 minutes until the edges brown. (If you don’t have an ovenproof frying pan, tip the mixture into a baking dish.)
Scatter over the parsley and serve.
Use whatever beans and greens you have, it'll taste great!