Goats' cheese, lemon and herb risotto
- 25g/1oz unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 150g/5½oz risotto rice
- 50ml/2fl oz white wine
- 300ml/10fl oz hot chicken stock
- 50g/1½oz goats' cheese
- 50ml/2fl oz double cream
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1 tsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chervil
- freshly ground black pepper
Melt the butter with the oil in a saucepan. Place the onion and garlic into the pan and cook gently for 2-3 minutes.
Add the rice and wine to the pan, bring to the boil and cook until the wine is absorbed.
Add the hot stock to the pan and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
Add the goats' cheese, cream, lemon zest and herbs to the pan, stir well and season with pepper only. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes, or until the rice is al dente.
To serve, transfer the risotto to a warmed serving bowl.