Goan coconut gobi
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- ¾ tsp mustard seeds (black preferably but yellow is okay)
- 2 tsp fresh root ginger, minced
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp chopped almonds (optional)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 200g/7oz cauliflower, cut into florets
- 200g/7oz broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- handful of green beans
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp water
- 200ml/7fl oz coconut milk
- fresh chopped coriander for garnish
Heat the oil in a pan over a high heat. When hot add the mustard and coriander seeds.
Once the seeds start to pop reduce the heat and add the ginger, chillies, almonds and onion. Stir and cook for two minutes.
Next add the cauliflower and broccoli florets and stir to mix everything well, cover and cooked for five minutes.
Then add the tomatoes, green beans, turmeric, salt and water. Stir and cover the pan, turn the heat down to low and cook for 3-5 minutes until the cauliflower is just tender.
Finally add the coconut milk and bring to the boil, reduce the heat to a rapid simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce is nice and thick.
Serve garnished with fresh coriander and hot thick chappatis.