Use up odds and ends in the kitchen to make a nutritious pesto that's full of flavour. Dr Rupy’s super-speedy recipe is great with pasta, risottos and chicken.
Each serving provides 265 kcal, 5g protein, 1.5g carbohydrate (of which 1g sugars), 26g fat (of which 5g saturates), 1.5g fibre and 0.4g salt.
- 150ml/5fl oz olive oil or vegetable oil, plus extra for the jar
- 50g/1¾oz nuts and/or seeds (such as cashews, peanuts, walnuts, sunflower or pumpkin seeds)
- 1 garlic clove
- 50g/1¾oz hard cheese, grated or crumbled (such as cheddar, feta or parmesan)
- 200g/7oz greens (such as leftover cooked broccoli, salad leaves, soft herbs, rocket or spinach)
- pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper