This healthy prawn spaghetti recipe is given a bit of a spicy kick with the addition of chilli flakes. It is also a low-calorie meal, suitable for anyone eating 1200–1500 calories a day.
Each serving provides 378 kcal, 25g protein, 49g carbohydrates (of which 4g sugars), 8g fat (of which 1g saturates), 7g fibre and 0.4g salt.
- 125g/4½oz spaghetti or linguine
- 150g/5½oz broccoli, cut into small florets
- 100g/3½oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150g/5½oz large frozen prawns, completely thawed and drained
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes, to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedges, for squeezing (optional)
Half-fill a large, non-stick saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add the pasta to the boiling water, return to the boil and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the broccoli to the pan and cook for 2 minutes more.
Drain the pasta and broccoli. Return to the pan and add the tomatoes, prawns, oil, chilli flakes and season well. Cook for 2–3 minutes, tossing with two wooden spoons until the spaghetti is evenly coated with the spices from the pan and the prawns and tomatoes are hot.
Squeeze over a little lemon juice, if using, and serve immediately.