Easy Parsi fish pathia
A simple, delicious fish curry recipe from the Parsi community in Bombay. Although the original recipe has loads more ingredients, this quick version is perfect for a midweek supper. The balance of flavours with spices, tomato, vinegar and chilli make it a winner. Salmon is great, but you can also use any firm white fish.
Each serving provides 307 kcal, 26.5g protein, 5g carbohydrates (of which 5g sugars), 20g fat (of which 3.5g saturates), 2g fibre and 0.8g salt.
- 500g/1lb 2oz skinless and boneless salmon fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 heaped tsp ground turmeric
- ½ lime, juice only
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 150g/5½oz onions, finely chopped (approximately 1 medium onion)
- 5 garlic cloves, blended to a paste with a splash of water
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 heaped tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp malt vinegar
- salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, to garnish