A great side for parties. Try it with sticky lamb buns or barbecued meat.
- 4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 heaped tbsp creamed horseradish
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 heaped tsp nigella seeds
- generous handful golden raisins
- ½ white cabbage, thinly shredded
- ¼ cauliflower, stalk removed, florets thinly sliced
- 1 large fennel bulb, quartered and thinly sliced, fronds chopped
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced into half moons
- 2 apples (of your choice), quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 20g/¾oz mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 20g/¾oz dill, fronds and stems roughly chopped
- sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
Put the yoghurt, mayonnaise, horseradish, coriander, cinnamon and nigella seeds in a small bowl and stir well. Add the raisins and season generously with salt and pepper. Mix well.
Put the vegetables and apples in a large bowl and pour over the sauce. Use your hands to ensure everything is well coated and evenly mixed. Add the fresh herbs, mix well again until the ingredients are evenly combined.