Jamaican chicken curry
This is an easy version of the traditional Jamaican chicken curry, using boneless chicken thighs. The perfect recipe to freshen up your midweek dinners. The spices in the curry mixed with the fragrant coconut rice are a match made in Caribbean heaven!
Each serving provides 634 kcal, 23g protein, 64g carbohydrates (of which 4g sugars), 30.5g fat (of which 10.5g saturates), 6.5g fibre and 1.8g salt.
For the curry chicken
- 300g/10½oz chicken thighs, boneless
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 Scotch bonnet or other chilli, split in half
- 1 large Maris Piper or other floury potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced