Crustless quiche Lorraine
This simplified version of the classic French tart requires no pastry skills, reducing the prep and cooking times. It is delicious served warm from the oven or cold as leftovers the following day, making it a great option for a work lunch or picnic.
Each serving provides 270 kcal, 29g protein, 4g carbohydrate (of which 3g sugars), 15g fat (of which 4.5g saturates), 1g fibre and 2.4g salt.
- low-calorie cooking spray
- 8 lean bacon rashers, all visible fat removed and roughly chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 100g/3½oz half-fat Cheddar, grated
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 100g/3½oz cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- crisp green salad, to serve