Cricket cake with strawberries and lemon curd
Serve this spectacular layered curd cake after a long and lazy game of cricket, or whilst watching the cricket.
Equipment: You will need two 20cm/8in sandwich tins.
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 225g/8oz self-raising flour
- 225g/8oz caster sugar
- 225g/8oz butter or baking spread, softened and chopped, plus extra for greasing
- 1 unwaxed lemon, finely grated zest only
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 500g/1lb 2oz strawberries, hulled (leaving 3 whole)
- 450ml/16fl oz double cream, whipped
- 6 tbsp lemon curd