Creamy tagliatelle with purple sprouting broccoli served in a garlic loaf
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 100ml/3½fl oz white wine
- 125g/4½ oz taleggio cheese, chopped
- 150ml/5fl oz double cream
- 200g/7oz tagliatelle
- 150g/5½ oz purple sprouting broccoli
- 1 small white bloomer loaf, top cut off and hollowed out (keep to make breadcrumbs)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
Place the onion and garlic into a saucepan and pour over the wine. Cook over a low heat for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion and garlic begin to soften. Add the cheese, stirring until melted, then add the cream. Simmer for 6-8 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced to a thick sauce.
Cook the pasta and broccoli in boiling salted water until tender, then drain and stir into the cheesy cream sauce.
Place the hollowed-out loaf on a baking tray and place into the oven for 2-3 minutes, or until crisp and lightly golden. Rub the inside of the loaf 'shell' with the garlic, then place the loaf on a serving late. Fill with the pasta, broccoli and cheesy cream mixture and serve.