Creamy chicken, bacon and basil pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large boneless chicken thighs, skin removed, cut into strips
- 5 rashers bacon, chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 300ml/10fl oz double cream
- 450g/1lb farfalle
- handful fresh basil, torn, plus extra for garnish
- 200g/7oz cheddar, grated, plus extra to garnish
Cook the pasta according to packet instructions in a pan of salted boiling water, then drain.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the chicken strips and bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the chicken is golden-brown and cooked through.
Add the garlic and cook for one minute. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper, add the cream and warm through.
Add the creamy sauce to the cooked, drained pasta and stir well.
To serve, stir in the basil and cheddar and spoon onto serving plates. Garnish with extra grated cheese and basil leaves.