Creamy garlic mushrooms on toast
These creamy, garlic mushrooms with bacon are so luxurious but still count as one of your five-a-day making the perfect breakfast or lunch.
Each serving provides 200 kcal, 17g protein, 14g carbohydrate (of which 3g sugars), 8g fat (of which 3g saturates), 3g fibre and 1.4g salt.
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 80g/3oz button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 32g/1oz reduced-fat smoked bacon medallion, roughly chopped,
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ small lemon, juice only
- 1 level tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- 30g/1oz slice wholemeal or granary bread
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives (optional)