Crab with mango and avocado salad
- 1kg/2¼lb cooked crab, white meat and claw meat only, chopped (the brown meat can be used in another recipe)
- 1 just-ripe mango, peeled, stone removed, flesh cut into cubes
- 2 avocados, stones and skin removed, flesh cut into cubes
- 1 red onion, peeled, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, sliced
- ½ mild red chilli, seeds removed, finely sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil, or to taste
- pinch salt
- 2 Little Gem lettuces, leaves separated, washed and patted dry with kitchen paper
Place the white crabmeat and claw meat into a bowl, add the chopped mango, avocados, red onion, garlic, red chilli, thyme leaves, lime juice and olive oil, then season, to taste, with salt. Mix until well combined.
To serve, spoon the crab mixture into the lettuce leaves. Divide the filled lettuce leaves equally among four serving plates.