Crab and coriander tart
For the filling
- 3 eggs, 1 egg yolk
- 400g/14oz crab meat, fresh or frozen
- 300ml/10fl oz cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- ¼ to ½ red, de-seeded chilli (may need to add more) OR ½tsp Tabasco to taste
- 50g/2oz grated parmesan
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the pastry
- 1 x recipe of savoury pastry
- Follow pastry packet instructions and line out 27cmx3cm or a 30cmx2cm tin and bake blind
For the chunky tomato salsa
preheat oven to 180C/356F/Gas 4.
Whisk the eggs and yolk, add the rest of the ingredients, except the parmesan and the seasoning.
Add salt and pepper to taste, and pour into the baked pastry in the tin.
Sprinkle with parmesan and bake for 40 minutes, until it feels firm to the touch in the centre.
To make the tomato salsa, mix all the ingredients together and season with the salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar.
Serve with chunky tomato salsa on the side.