Courgette and lemon risotto
This gorgeous summertime risotto is a favourite with kids and the cold leftovers can be used to make tasty arancini.
Each serving provides 440kcal, 11g protein, 42g carbohydrate (of which 2g sugars), 21g fat (of which 13g saturates), 1.5g fibre and 1.4g salt.
For the risotto
- 750ml/1¼ pints chicken or vegetable stock
- 25g/1oz unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 200g/7oz risotto rice
- 200ml/7fl oz white wine
- 200g/7oz courgettes, trimmed, cut into 1cm/½in cubes
- 4 heaped tbsp grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 1 unwaxed lemon, finely grated zest, plus 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper