Creamy sweetcorn chowder
This creamy sweetcorn chowder is deliciously rich.
- 30g/1oz butter
- ½ 326g/11½ oz can sweetcorn, rinsed and drained
- 100ml/3½fl oz ready-made cheese sauce
- 50ml/2fl oz white wine
- 100ml/3&rfac12;fl oz double cream
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100ml/3½fl oz chicken stock (vegetarians may substitute suitable vegetable stock)
- ½ lemon, zest only
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the sweetcorn, stirring to coat.
Add the cheese sauce, wine, cream, garlic, stock, lemon zest, spring onions and chives to the pan and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Bbring the mixture up to a simmer, cook for 3-4 minutes, then pour into a bowl.