Corn and cod chowder with saffron, bacon and tomato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 sweetcorn cob, kernels removed
- 200ml/¼ pint double cream
- pinch saffron strands
- 1 x 100g/3½oz cod fillet, skin removed, chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 rasher streaky bacon, chopped and fried until crisp, to serve
Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until softened.
Add the sweetcorn kernels to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add the cream, saffron and cod pieces and simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until the cod is cooked through.
Add the tomato and parsley, season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir.
To serve, pour the chowder into a serving bowl and top with the bacon.