Coconut and prawn broth with rice, spinach and chilli
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 large prawns, shells and heads only
- ½ fresh green chilli, chopped
- 25g/1oz fresh ginger, sliced
- ¼ onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 300ml/½ pint boiling water
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp grated fresh coconut
- 1 lime, juice only
- handful fresh spinach
- 25g/1oz basmati rice, cooked
- small handful fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
Heat the vegetable oil in a medium saucepan, add the prawn shells and heads, chilli, ginger, onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Add the water, curry powder, tomato purée, grated coconut and lime juice. Bring to the boil and cook for ten minutes.
Place a fine sieve over another clean pan, pass the mixture through the sieve and discard everything that is left in the sieve. Add the spinach and rice to the broth and stir.
To serve, pour into a bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.