Vegetable coconut curry
This one-pot vegetarian curry recipe is ever so simple to make and warms you up on a wintry evening.
It's also vegan and gluten-free.
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 small red onion, peeled, finely sliced
- 1 small aubergine, trimmed, diced into 2cm/¾in cubes
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 150g/5oz okra
- 150g/5oz cauliflower florets
- 75g/3oz frozen peas
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 50g/2oz dried coconut, grated
- ½ vegetable stock cube, dissolved in 200ml/7fl oz water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper