Chunky celeriac soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, roughly chopped
- 150g/5½oz celeriac, peeled and cut to 2½cm/1in cubes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 100g/3½oz puy lentils
- 200ml/7fl oz hot chicken stock (vegetarians may substitute vegetable stock)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh basil leaf, to garnish
Place the olive oil into a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the garlic, onion and celeriac and fry for two minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the tomato purée and chilli flakes and cook for a further minute.
Add the lentils and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper and pour into a warm bowl. Garnish with a basil leaf and serve.