Christmas pudding ice cream
Free from: wheat, gluten, egg and nuts free; can be dairy and soya free
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- generous pinch ground cloves
- 5 tbsp brandy or dark rum
- 350g/12oz assorted dried fruits - sultanas, raisins, currants, cherries, crystallised ginger (chopped), mixed peel, prunes (chopped), apricots (chopped), figs (chopped) or anything else that you fancy
- 200ml/7fl oz plain cows', sheep's, goats' yoghurt OR soya yoghurt
- 100ml/3½fl oz cows', goats' or soya cream OR 300ml/10fl oz oat cream
- 2 tbsp honey
Mix the spices into the brandy or rum and leave to infuse for 30 minutes.
Pour the liquid over the mixed fruits and leave to soak for a couple of hours.
Mix the yoghurt with the cream and honey, then mix in with the soaked fruits.
Spoon the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn at the 'freeze' setting for 15-20 minutes.
Remove it from the freezer and put into a smallish pudding basin, and either put the lid on the basin, or cover with cling film. Freeze.
To serve, wrap the basin in a hot cloth to loosen it and turn the pudding out onto a dish. Place some holly in the top and, if you want, pour some warmed brandy round the bottom and light it, to serve.