Chocolate cookie ice cream sandwich
For the cookies
- 75ml/2½oz butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 250g/9oz soft dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 free-range egg
- 325g/11oz plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- half tsp baking powder
- half tsp bicarbonate of soda
- pinch salt
- 150g/5oz chocolate chips (available from supermarkets and baking shops)
- crisp-coated chocolates (such as Smarties or M&Ms), to decorate
For the chocolate sauce
- 75g/2½oz butter
- 75g/2½oz sugar
- 75ml/2½fl oz double cream
- 75g/2½oz cocoa powder
- 75ml/2½fl oz water
- 75g/2½oz dark chocolate, chopped
- vanilla ice cream
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
For the cookies, place the butter, sugar, water and egg into a large bowl and mix together well.
Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt into the bowl and mix well to form a dough.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Roll out the cookie dough onto a clean, floured work surface and, using a cookie cutter, cut into 10cm/4in circles.
Decorate each cookie with sugar-coated chocolates and place onto a greased baking tray.
Transfer to the oven to bake for 9-10 minutes, or until cooked through.
Meanwhile, for the chocolate sauce, place the butter, sugar, cream, cocoa powder, water and chocolate into a pan over a low heat and stir until combined. Cook gently for 4-5 minutes until thick and glossy.
To serve, place one cookie onto each plate. Add a large spoonful of ice cream and sandwich with a second cookie on top. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and serve.