Chipotle chicken with salsa
This simple spicy supper makes an ideal weeknight meal if you can get ahead and marinate the chicken the night before. The chipotle chilli paste gives the chicken a smoky flavour as well as some heat, which perfectly complements the fresh and zesty salsa. Serve without the tortillas for a gluten-free option.
Each serving (including an optional wrap) provides 568 kcal, 47g protein, 47g carbohydrate (of which 10g sugars), 10g fat (of which 5g saturates), 5.5g fibre and 1.6g salt.
For the chicken
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 warmed corn or wheat tortillas (optional)
For the chipotle marinade
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chipotle chilli paste
- 1 tsp onion granules
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or finely grated
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 large lime, juice only
- salt and freshly ground black pepper