Chilli pork with pineapple rice
10 to 30 mins
Marinating pork with chilli brings heat to this light meal for four.
Equipment: You will need 8 wooden skewers. This meal is low calorie and provides 356 kcal, 21g protein, 46g carbohydrate (of which 7g sugars), 9g fat (of which 1.7g saturates), 1.6g fibre and 0.1g salt per portion.
10 to 30 mins
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 300g/10½oz pork fillet, cubed
- 200g/7oz Thai fragrant rice
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 200g/7oz pineapple, peeled and diced
- ½ red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- ready-made sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Soak 8 wooden skewers in warm water.
Mix together the oil, lime juice, garlic, chilli with a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl, add the pork and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Meanwhile, cook the rice in lightly salted boiling water for 12-15 minutes, until soft. Drain and stir through the spring onions and pineapple.
Preheat the grill to a hot setting.
Thread the pork on to the skewers, alternating it with onion and lime wedges, and cook under the grill for about 10 minutes, turning frequently and basting with the remaining marinade, until the pork is cooked through.
Place the skewers and rice on a plate with the sweet chilli sauce and serve.